Living off the grid in the desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living off the grid in the desert

Just found this online. I thought it was interesting.
    Revelation 3:16, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Thanks for that Red. I really admire what they are doing. I don't think that most of us have that sort of commitment unless/until we have no other choice.
    On a side note, Terlingua, Tx is known for being one of the BIG chili cookoffs. Bring lots of ice cream.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
      On a side note, Terlingua, Tx is known for being one of the BIG chili cookoffs. Bring lots of ice cream.
      Yeah, to sit in afterward. Do you have any idea how many terrible cooks make "chili" with the absolute worst ingredients, and then try to perk it up with a few more hot pepper and half a bottle of cayenne? I use the peppers and cayenne too, but you could eat mine without them if you wanted something mild to wean babies on.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Actually, Terlingua is a regional, have-to-earn-your-spot cookoff. I'm not a competitive chili cook, but know some folks who are.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Sounds like a hard life, but could be a very nice life.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

To be back on topic, I'd seen some of their earlier work, but hadn't followed any links out to their site in ages, looks good.

(For chili, I haven't won anything except at work. Never been to the big one at Terlingua.)
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

We went to Terlingua 2 summers ago...lots of people off the grid in the desert....it is a hard life
              NICHEVO

Comment

Working...
              X