Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to be giving away Level IIIa body armor - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to be giving away Level IIIa body armor - help?

I have a new Engarde level IIIa body armor, similar to their patrol style with front and back pockets for additional plates and has a travel carrier bag with it that I'm going to be doing a giveaway at my website as soon as I can get time in a few days to plan it all out.

I've actually never done one of these things before, although I should have. I think it'd be great for getting people to hear about my site.

Any ideas of how I should do this? I'm not interested in collecting people's personal data but it would be nice to get more people on my newsletter and some more likes on my facebook page.

One of the things I have to figure out is who I'm allowed to give this away to and who I can't.

My plan is to launch the giveaway after I've had a chance to do some research and write up something this weekend.

Any ideas?

I think you should give it to me, and I'll tell the whole world how great your site is!
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Are there legal issues with some states being picky about who can have body armor? And have you checked how Canada is about it? Some Canadians may be interested, but I don't know squat about their laws. I'm sure a bunch of places that don't want the working class peons to have arms for self defense, won't want them to have armor either.

Oh, and I'm in Texas, over 18, no known criminal or pyscho background, just a sweet li'l grandma. Probably safe to put me in for it!
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I think you should start here on this site for a practice run. We will give honest feedback. Honest HeHeHe
        If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Some states its illegal for people t own armor

Canada probably is too. Might be a bad thing to send across borders, there are serious import/export issues with armor, look at 21usc401 articles and impliments of war. Major fines there, and jail time.
          Owner of the quietsurvivalist.com

Comment

I think you'll need to have some kind of queue, so your existing fans do not feel excluded. "Like" you on facebook, and then "enter" to win. Then you number the entries in the order received, and draw a random number between x and x to determine the winner. The entries should only be available to US citizens, where it is legal to own. Better still, the entrant should / might have a carry permit, which means background checks are done, and you don't have to worry.

Some such contests are done on the forums, ie: Enter in this forum your post # is your entry and then you go "like" me there, join, here, and come back and confirm it, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
              ... Better still, the entrant should / might have a carry permit, which means background checks are done, and you don't have to worry.

Some such contests are done on the forums, ie: Enter in this forum your post # is your entry and then you go "like" me there, join, here, and come back and confirm it, etc.
              This seems like a pretty smart way of handling it. There's no true way for you to know exactly who's on the other end of the 'net but at least you can have some type of solace in the fact that they've either already completed some basic safety courses, passed background checks, or have found effective ways of circumventing them

Comment

I have my carry permit and ready to enter
                If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Graywolf I have liked you on Facebook for a long time now! Good to have you aboard.
                  Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I'd love it. Have one person take down the list of usernames, print them, put the names in a hat. Easiest way.

Comment

I haven't had much of a chance to research this yet since I'm on orders till this weekend but it looks like the legal part is gonna be the most difficult part - especially the legality of shipping it to Canada or other countries. Even some states like CT don't allow body armor unless you're police or military.

I've found a few places like http://www.rafflecopter.com/ http://www.punchtab.com/ and http://www.wildfireapp.com/products/promotions that help with hosting the raffle that I need to look into a little more. This is turning out to be quite a project but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. I get stuff from suppliers all the time to do reviews so I think giving them away to help get the site's name out there is a good fit.

Comment

just an FYI, there's an error of some sort when I try to click on your signature to go to your site. here's what Firefox is trying to find...

http://"http//graywolfsurvival.com/%22
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Man, thanks Kickstand. No idea how that happened. Weird. Hopefully it works now.

Comment

Ok I guess I wasnt clear enough bro, I try to leave work at work.

ITAR regs state, armor of any type cannot be exported unless under Dept of State license. Major jail time, and restricted enough that it cant be sent to APO/FPO addresses. Ask AD about some of the joys working with DOS and their fun crew

Uncle went nuts after 9/11, as a number of Soldier/Marine families found when they tried to send their family member armor
                            Owner of the quietsurvivalist.com

Comment

I saw what you said PLA and I appreciate the info. My thought was to have it shipped directly from the manufacturer in Italy and not involve the US. That was what I was going to research. I think I'm gonna have to just limit it to US only for this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X