Howdy Howdy from Central Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Howdy from Central Florida

A few here might recognize me from the other boards-I'm Southernmom, a married, homeschooling, sorta farming, Ranching mom with 6 great children aged from 19 down to 10months. I live in the woods of Central Florida. I am a many generation Florida Cracker.
    I actually joined this site back in June or July and promptly didn't hang around much-super busy around here.
    But...I just ordered and read Escaping Home and love it-Great book just like the others-inspired me to get over here finally and see how things are going.
    Good to see everyone.
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Hello and welcome. I'm sure many more WELCOMES will follow. May I ask what county you live in here in central Florida? Again, welcome.
    Kessler
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
    INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Sumter County. Previously known as 'Hog County' but I don't think people call it that anymore!

Comment

Welcome to the zoo.

Comment

What's a "Ghost Town"? Just curious....
          Kessler

Comment

Where I live-it used to be a pretty thriving farm community and now it's home to old houses, a few old families and three churches. Trains used to come through, load tons of produce and cattle and ship it all over...now not much remains. The post office, packing houses and general store are all gone. It's a ghost town.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmom View Post
              Where I live-it used to be a pretty thriving farm community and now it's home to old houses, a few old families and three churches. Trains used to come through, load tons of produce and cattle and ship it all over...now not much remains. The post office, packing houses and general store are all gone. It's a ghost town.
              Wow, sounds like a ghost town ok. Trying to think of places like that and hard to picture anywhere without at least a Post Office anymore especially in little Florida hamlets. Seems every crossroad has a PO.

Again, welcome!
              Kessler

Comment

Welcome Southernmom! Sounds like you have a ton of expert knowledge to share. A busy Mom always gets the job done.
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome Southernmom, I was going to make a comment that we have our quota of Floridians, but we'll just kick Vincent out. I hope you enjoy your stay. Try to take a few minutes for yourself now and then.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Heya, good news is, there should be another before we go too crazy (excepting for those who already are.)
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Quota? Thankfully my Central Florida behind is making it still. Welcome Southernmom, I'm in Brevard.

Comment

Welcome, Southernmon.

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome. Hernando County here.

BTW, they may not call it Hog County, but it drives me more crazy than my usual when I hear it called "Sumptner County."
                          Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 11-03-2013, 10:19 AM.
                          "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Welcome Southernmom from NC. Hope you enjoy the padded walls here.
                            http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Thank everyone for the welcome-and yes, I feel quite at home in a place with padded walls-as I said, I have six children!

Comment

Working...
                              X