Hi from Central Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Central Florida.

Hi everyone. I'm transitioning over here from another site. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.
    I've noticed already that it's much more laid back, everyone trying to help everyone. None of the ego of other sites.

Welcome, Reddawn. Going by your name though, I sure as hell wouldn't have guessed central Florida. We have several members from yur region.

Thank you for noticing, and you are right, we try to be a little more laid back around here. A large chunk of this group became friends over on SB participating in AA's book thread. Most of us have developed friendships and have tried to get together away from here. We try our best to help each other out and pick each other up when we stumble. What's the point in being prepared and surviving the SHTF if there aren't going to be good people around afterward? Because we have genuine concern for each other, you won't find all of the ego and mallninja BS like you see on other sites. That crap doesn't accomplish anything and usually just pisses people off. I can assure you that type will not last long around here.

If you have an interest in something, feel free to start a thread and ask your questions. We have all sorts of different knowledge represented here and somebody should be able to help you. If there is something that you have knowledge about, by all means, start a thread and teach the rest of us. We are all here to learn and help each other.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

The username comes from having family in Spokane;And I had just watched Red Dawn the day I signed up. Hah.
      It really is good to know that some real friendships have came from here. You're right, it's always good to have a network to rely on. Hopefully in the next 12-18 months I'll be back up in the Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I would not say "real good friendships" but i would drink a sip or two of Texs' whiskey if he forced me to

Comment

Hi reddawnspokane. This is a great group of folks here who look out for each other and have a great deal of knowledge to share. Jump on in, the waters great.
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Hello, yes, ego gets people killed too often, even without anything going on.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome to this madhouse! Home of a bunch of good people and one old grouch. Where abouts are you in central Florida?
              Kessler
              I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
              INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Hiya RDS. Welcome to the asylum... We might be a little nuts, but we mean well, lol.... Glad to have ya here.....
                Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

I want to say hi too. I'm the local ding bat. Make yourself at home. Ask us something or tell us something anytime you want to.
                  I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

reddawn, dont listen to these people, they want nothing more then to berate you and make you feel like the zombie bait you are. also tex does things nasty to goats
                    Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

I'm sure you figured out Vincent is the only one you have to watch out for....

Comment

Originally posted by Jstwaiting View Post
                        I'm sure you figured out Vincent is the only one you have to watch out for....
                        To know him, is to love him. You just gotta know him for a while, he will grow on you. Only girls from Hawaii think that he is creepy. He makes me laugh & I do like to laugh!!!
                        I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Guess who's who:

"“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Gena, to be fair, Vincent is more than capable of his share of creepy, we just don't focus on it much.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

So he is a goat violater?

Comment

Working...
                              X