No announcement yet.

Morgan Carter (a.k.a. Angery American) of Going Home fame will be on the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Carter (a.k.a. Angery American) of Going Home fame will be on the air

Angery American will be on the air via phone on 20 or 40 meters or what ever bands propagation allow. sometime in the evening of Oct 7, 8 or 9th from the wilds Wyoming.

We will post freqs and times as we get closer to that date.

Anyone making contact with us will be in the running for a signed 3 book set of the Going Home series.

Let us know if you are interested.

Check for frequencies and more details here are at prepared ham.

I feel like I should get a signed set just for tolerating all of you.

We will have to find a good spot to set up the antenna in order to get a good signal. Let me know what all we will need and I will start trying to round everything up.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Tolerating us? You know how much convincing it took to get them to agree to come up there?
      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Yeah, right. I'm like a retard magnet. I can draw'em in from allover the country. LOL. Looking forward to it.

AD was telling me about this plan and was asking where we could run up a dipole. I'm thinking the tackroom might be the highest building we have. The problem might be though, the ranch headquarters set down in a hole, so to speak. You can't really see it from the sat shot he posted (thanks for that, by the way), but the house and all of the buildings set lower than most of the surrounding ground. We are right next to the river and the creek that feeds into it and therefore quite a bit lower than everywhere around us. Depending on how close we need to be, we might could run an antenna up the windmill that sets up the hill from the house. Once you guys get here we can scout out a good spot.

Hopefully we can make several contacts. It would be cool if we could make contact with Deerhound while he is on vacation. I know AD mentioned this deal over on PreparedHam, but has anyone mentioned it anywhere else? I thought about saying something over on SB, but was unsure where it should be posted.

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Tex the take off angle of the radio waves will be like 45 degs(depending on height) so its not like line of sight. Although high ground is better, anywhere will work.
          Last edited by AD; 09-28-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I had actually thought of using the windmill for an antenna set up once I get all set up. It may be too far, but when you guys get here, you can line me out on where the best spots will be.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

Comment

You can "draw them in" like shit does flies.

As to whether it's posted anywhere else, yes. I've got in on Facebook and will contact Penguin Monday and see if they will put it out on their site as well.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

We will be work the radios later this evening. Freqs to come.

Comment

darn, the times I wish I was a HAM

Comment

what freq and when. I will try and make contact
                    If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Rock

Solar flares shut down the bands tonight. We will try tomorrow night.

Comment

We have a mobile on UNs truck. We can try something on 20 or 40 shortly.

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Rock

We can try the mobile antenna onnthe truck if you are on

Comment

im here

Comment

Working...
                              X