New interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New interview

Here's a interview I did with Media Prepper. It will be available tomorrow.

Angery American Angery. American, author of the books Going Home and Surviving Home, has been involved in prepping and survival communities since the early 1990s. An avid outdoorsman, he's a spent considerable time learning edible and medicinal plants and their uses as well as primitive survival skills. This week, he spends a little time with the listeners of Media Prepper! Host Carolyn Evans-Dean takes us all back to school in the Media Prepper Media Moment! There are lots of ways to explore emergency situations and learn to be more prepared. In a world filled with apocalyptic scenarios, hardcore preppers , zombies and tales of survival of the fittest, MEDIA PREPPER helps listeners to navigate the movies…books… magazines… online videos … social media and video games available on the marketplace! Angery Americans' website: www.angeryamerican.net Follow Angery American on Twitter: @TheAngeryAmeric

doctorprepper.jpg
    Last edited by unseenone; 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Really good interview AA. You sure make it easy on the person giving the interview. You are very easy to talk to. That gal really liked your books. Said she read them in one day each. I believe you made a lifetime fan of her....just like me! I like that you explained why you did not leave the car sooner at the beginning. I had asked myself the same question. Your answer about knowing that you should leave right away was the right thing to do, but by leaving the car, you were turning loose what was "comfort" to you. You really made me understand how you felt. So 2 thumbs up for your interview from me.

By the way, what did you end up doing when your truck broke down in Wyoming???
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

You need to post this on the darkside so I can make snide comments.

Comment

I too listened to the interview AA and enjoyed it as well. Was it face to face or phone? Now we need to get you on Fox and Friends with Elizabeth Hasselbeck!
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I managed to get the truck going after a couple of hours. It would only run about 15 mins before shutting down again. So we finished the ride in 15 minute increments. The fuel filter was clogged, simple thing, but on the Ford it takes a special tool to take it off.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
            I too listened to the interview AA and enjoyed it as well. Was it face to face or phone? Now we need to get you on Fox and Friends with Elizabeth Hasselbeck!
            LOL, if only D! It was over the phone. She lives in upstate NY.
            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

What the hell are you taking about? Have you been drinking ? I have

Comment

No drinking for me, still on meds.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I really enjoyed that interview, AA. The lady conducting the interview really surprised me. A lot of times people in the prepper movement come across like they have something to prove, or they see themselves as some kind of expert. I have noticed this to be even more true with women. It is like they have to prove themselves just because they are a woman.It only makes sense though for a woman to be a prepper even moreso than a man. Women are born with that mothering instinct and they want to do whatever is possible to insure there family is taken care of in a time of crisis.

The lady who does this show did not come across like so many preppers seem to do. She seems very knowledgeable without being overbearing at all. She also seemed very articulate and well spoken, very unlike the hillbilly she was interviewing. I will have to start checking out her site on a regular basis. I thought I read on here that she was a member of this board. Is that true, or did I maistake that with something else?

You did a good job, I thought. I liked how you sorta told the story of how the books came to be. The story about How Thad came to be was interesting. I know a lot of people of a lot of different backgrounds who prep. Most though, don't see it as prepping. They look at it kind of like you mentioned about the mexicans in your interview, more as just being prepared. There are a bunch of people who don't consider themselves preppers, but they do like to be prepared. For a long time the Native and I didn't even know what a prepper was, we just knew what the possibilities were, so we stayed prepared as best we could.

Anyhow, good job.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Good interview, bad audio

I just sat through the interview and found it a fun listen from the content standpoint, but a difficult listen from the audio standpoint.

Being an old fart, my hearing is not what it used to be and there were a number of sections where the phone audio was fading in and out, (this is a technical thing that could have been "sweetened" in post-production).

Nevertheless, Chris came through as modest and self-effacing, (which just shows you can fool some of the people some of the time... and most of the time, that's enough!)

I believe that the interviewer alluded to reading some of the first book on a forum, I suspect she is probably a member of SB).

Anyway, good on you Chris. Good work. Make lots of money and pass it around to your friends!

sic semper tyrannis mortem
                    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
                    ---Proverbs 2:23

Comment

An interview with AA at the Denver Self Reliance Expo with Jack Spirko.

Follow Jack and all his interesting interviews including one with Judge Napolitano.

Here is his web site http://www.jackspirko.net/

While at the show, we were fortunate enough to have dinner with Jack & his wife twice, along with David Crawford, Travis Fox, Ron the show organizer, Steven Harris and Phil from Penguin. Great folks, totally committed and a lot of fun.

Read more about David Crawfords new movie project here. http://www.lightsoutsaga.com http://facebook.com/LightsOutSaga http://twitter.com/LightsOutSaga http://youtube.com/LightsOutSaga

20131004_111108-s.jpg
                      20131004_104413-s.jpg
                      Last edited by unseenone; 10-17-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you turds got to eat at the Buckhorn Exchange twice. Must be nice. LOL.

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Yeah, it isn't cheap, but it is well worth the price.

I am glad to see AA getting more and more exposure. One thing that I've always liked is how he can weave the prepping into a really good story without it seeming like a how-to manual.

Good job, AA.

Tex
                          = 2
                          sigpic

Comment

I just got off the phone with Ron Douglas of Self Reliance Expo. He called me to play a voicemail that a Colorado Senator left him, I'll get the name, can't remember it. Anyway the Senator called to thank Ron for inviting him and how he enjoyed himself. The he started talking about the books. I must have given him a set, he read them and really liked it, so much that he preordered the third. I thought that was cool as hell.

The next show is in March near Arlington, Fernando, Ferfal is going to be there. He, Ron and I will be doing a Skype conference call soon. Un, I want you in on it too, I'll get with you later about it. There is some really cool stuff happening, and it's only going to get better.
                            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Yeah, that's not what you were there for! You guys have no idea what great people these guys really are. It truly is humbling.
                              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                              X