Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good tractor?

Aloha.
    I had the land I own cleared out a few months ago and am getting some topsoil put in sometime in the future along with grass of some sort. I need a tractor so I can mow it but I don't want a tiny one. I want one that can have a tiller and a plow along with tools I don't know about but I know nothing about tractors. What are some good older ones I could look for? I don't want to spend a bunch of money because I don't have it but I'm okay with something old as long as its capable of doing the job. I'd like an automatic if that's possible. Help!

Mahalo.

We have Oliver tractors from the 60's that are still going strong. We only paid between 3-6k for each of them. They aren't automatic, but they are not hard to drive. We have 90 acres, 60 of which are hay fields and our Olivers run all of the hay equipment with no problems. I like the diesel one better than the gas ones, but you will probably find a gas one for less money. Anyway that's all I know about them. We also have a little John Deere, but that was more expensive. It runs good, but it's small so we use it for little stuff like pulling the plow in the garden and as soon as our snow plow truck breaks we will probably use it for that too. Oh I was told to tell you that the Olivers are easy to work on and the parts are relatively inexpensive. I hope that helped a little bit.

Comment

Working...
    X