Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/01/the-story-behind-heartwarming-viral-photo-of-marine-who-lost-5k-to-9-year-old-boy/

This story in no way compares to the other stories written about heroes that are posted in this section. This is just a heartwarming story about a Marine who did what he could to support a little boy. I'm not sure about all of the particulars as the story linked didn't go into a lot of detail. The little boy had fallen behind in a 5K race and was ready to throw in the towel. He asked the Marine if he would run with him and Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr stayed behind cheering the 9yr old boy on so that he would finish the race. Lance Cpl. Kerr didn't storm the enemy, or single handedly win a battle, but he was there for a little boy who was fighting a personal battle and wanting to quit. Kerr passed on the Marine Corps principle that quitting is not an option. That little boy now has a sense of accomplishment all because a United States Marine stayed behind and gave him a sense of pride and some needed encouragement. This story goes to prove that you don't necessarily have to be a bad ass to make a difference in someone's life. You just need to be willing to give a little time and a few words of encouragement.

I tip my hat to Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr

Mortisha was involved with "Young Marines" a youth group that the Marine corps league sponsers .
    The Marines that volunteer to help run the program are great (like most Marines) . They take time out of their busy lives to help mentor the kids . I have alot of respect for them , for all they do .
    I have friends and family that are Marines . I am thankful for their service to our nation .
    I am thankful to all who serve and have served .
    Thank you

Comment

Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr

Being a Marine doesn't always mean storming the walls, sometimes it means not leaving someone behind.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr

Ooh-Rah!
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Lance Cpl. Myles Kerr

I have a fond place in my heart for the Corps. I enlisted while still in high school and went to Paris Island. While it didn't work out for me because of some very strange eye condition, I still love the Marine Corps. Mel and I were married on November 10, while she had no idea of the significance of the date I damn sure did.

Most Marines are the true embodiment of American principles, pride and discipline are a way of life to them. And just as Lynn said, they wont leave anyone behind. Kudos to the corporal, well done.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
          X