Keeping safety in mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping safety in mind.

Everyday we go about our lives without a second thought to the things that could happen. We have a prime example of that here with one of our dear friends. In the blink of an eye things can change and turn what was a happy outing or even a mundane task into a life and death situation.

Last night right at dark I was sitting on the porch and the sounds of sirens drifted up through the trees. This is a very, very uncommon event around. When we hear them they are usually going to one place and from the sounds of them they were headed to the gorge on Wilson Creek. This morning I went to Lowes for some lumber, the road into the gorge was closed by the Sheriff's office and there were plenty of rescue vehicles to go along with them. I stopped and asked what happened.

Yesterday afternoon there was a pretty strong storm that moved through, lots of rain and flood warnings. A ten year old girl and a forty-eight year old man drowned in the creek. While I do not know the circumstances it isn't hard to imagine that girl being swept away and him going after her. They recovered her body last night and are still looking for him. This is sad on so many levels, if they are of the same family the tragedy is compounded.

Living is hard, dying is easy, in the blink of an eye any one of us can be gone. Take a minute during your activities to think about what could happen and what the consequences could be. Let's keep the families of the two lost yesterday in our prayers, I will update the situation as news comes out. This happened a mile from my house, upriver in the same water we enjoy nearly everyday, it really hit home. Take care of yourselves and be safe.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Keeping safety in mind.

On The Fox Report with Shepard Smith just now they told about this tragedy. They showed divers and sherrif personel onsite. The creek was running high and pretty scary looking.

Let's keep this family in our prayers.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
    X